Are you worried about that paying complete amount of money in one go? IRCTC has introduced something stress reducing for you. It has introduced a new scheme called as Equated monthly instalment (EMI) or IRCTC EMI Option for online booking of tickets through Citi banks. This scheme is beneficial for all those people who travel a lot and go for long distance journeys and who need to book premium trains for this. Irctc has increased the fare charges and booking trains on premium trains has become much costlier this may be due to the heavy demand of tickets especially during festival season. This EMI option is actually good for booking trains tickets. This facility would not be beneficial for people who travel frequently.
Also Read: IRCTC Sign up
Book Your Train Tickets on EMI Option:
- EMI booking facility is available only for IRCTC ticket booking.
- You need to log in to irctc official account.
- Search for the train, make your trip planning and make payments for IRCTC reservations.
- You can see an option there besides the other option of payment like debit card, net banking etc
- You can do this if you have a credit card.
- When you select the EMI option, they will ask you for credit card details, you need to submit that and the amount will be deducted from your credit card and then you need to pay the whole amount through installments.
But the biggest disadvantage is that IRCTC have tied up with Citi banks and no other banks credit card can be used by the people and citi banks credit card holders are very less in our country. So, unfortunately, this facility will not be used by much of the people.