IRCTC e-Wallet Registration: The IRCTC is facilitated its clients by the e-Wallet feature. The e-wallet scheme enables the users to keep money in advance to your IRCTC account. With e-Wallet scheme, you need not to enter any card details during the ticket reservation payment. The amount will be deducted from your e-Wallet that is the benefit for frequent train travelers.
You cannot use the e-Wallet scheme during the Tatkal booking period. The other thing you have to do is to register with Rs. 250 for IRCTC e-wallet system.
IRCTC e-Wallet Registration:
- Get Irctc Log in your account using user ID and password.
- You will find the ‘e-Wallet’ section in the sidebar and click on ‘Register for e-Wallet scheme’.
- Verify your identity by providing your PAN card and other information.
- After that deposit your non refundable registration fee of Rs. 250 in your e-wallet account for activating it using standard payment options like credit card, debit card and net banking.
- Create your own transaction password and do not tell your password to anyone.
Deposit Money into your e-Wallet account:
- You need to sign in to your IRCTC account.
- Click on the ‘e-Wallet Deposit’ link on the left sidebar under the e-wallet section.
- You can deposit minimum Rs. 100 into your account, enter the amount and click on the submit button.
- If your payment option will successfully proceed, then a message will be shown.
- If you wish to see the previous deposit transaction history, then click on ‘Deposit Money’ link.
- Now, if you want to pay from the e-Wallet, Choose ‘e-Wallet’ in the payment section and enter your transaction password.
Pros of e-Wallet Scheme Registration:
- You don’t have any need to enter your payment details every time when you want to reserve a ticket.
- With this you can avoid ‘Session Expired’ errors due to delay.
- Useful when you do not have your own debit/credit card.
- If you are an occasional user of the e-wallet scheme, it is practically not a good idea for you.
If you have any query regarding the e-Wallet scheme, you can ask me in the comments. We will happy to have your valuable suggestions regarding the post.