Irctc Tatkal Ticket booking is one of the most attractive features of IRCTC ( irctc.co.in). As per the announcement made in 2013-2014 railway budget, changes is taken in Irctc Tatkal ticket reservation charges. Irctc Tatkal reservation is the facility for booking the tickets immediately for instant planned journey.
The Irctc Tatkal ticket reservation opens from 10:00 AM one day advance of journey date.
Irctc Tatkal Ticket Booking Procedure
1. Click here, to go on the IRCTC home page.
2. Now if you don’t have an IRCTC account, then you have to register for IRCTC account. To learn more about IRCTC Sign up process, click here.
3. If you already have an IRCTC account, then irctc login by entering username and password of your IRCTC account.
4. After Login, you will be directed towards your account.
5. Click on “Plan My Journey” Page.
6. If the From/To station selected by you are correct in the route of the train then select Date of Journey.
7. Select Ticket Type as e-ticket.
8. Then Click on Submit button.
9. The advance reservation period (ARP) is now reduced from two days to one day excluding the day of the journey from the train originating station. For example, the train is departing on the third of the month, then you can book the ticket at the second of the month from 10:00 AM from the originating station.
10. The Train List page will appear. Select Tatkal radio button.
11. Then Click on the train, find its class and it will show availability of seats.
12. To book tickets, Click on “Book Now” given under the availability button.
Key Points To Remember
New quota as Premium Tatkal (PT) Quota is being introduced by Railway with dynamic fare pricing.
Advance Reservation Period (ARP) of Premium Tatkal ticket booking is same as Tatkal ticket booking.
Opening days booking to be allowed on/after 10:00 hrs.
Dynamic fare stands for the fare component which may be increased with the subsequent bookings (as the number of booking increases prices of each ticket will increase).
Dynamic fare shall be charged for confirm passengers.
Agents will not be allowed to book tickets in this quota.
Only E-tickets will be permitted for booking.
RAC / Waitlist Ticket Booking is not allowed.
No concession shall be applicable in this Quota.
I-ticket Booking is not allowed with this Quota.
At least one passenger should travel with his/her ID card in original (not photocopy) which was used (ID number) at the time of booking.
No refund is given to passengers in case of cancellation of confirm PT quota ticket.
All rules for tatkal quota booking over internet is applicable to Premium Tatkal quota also.
Child passenger (above 5 years) will be charged with full fare.
Identity card number of the prescribed proof of identity is required at the time of booking
Required Documents while Irctc Tatkal Booking
You must need an identity proof during the booking of Tatkal ticket. At the journey time you must have the original identity proof that you have given during the Tatkal ticket reservation.
• The voter Photo identity card issued by the Election Commission of India.
• PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department.
• Driving license issued by the RTO.
• Photo identity card having serial number issued by the Central / State Government.
• Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their
• Nationalized Bank Passbok with photograph.
• Credit cards issued by banks with laminated photograph.
• Unique Identification Card “Aadhaar”.
• Photo identity cards having serial number issued by Public Sector Undertaking of State/Central Government, District Administration, Municipal bodies and Penchant Administration.
You will have to pay extra charges on Irctc Tatkal train booking. Irctc Tatkal booking charges may vary from season to season and class of travel ( Second ( sitting), Sleeper, AC Chair car, Ac 3 Tier, AC 2 Tier, Executive) as shown in figure.
Now you can easily log in to your IRCTC account and simply book Tatkal tickets. If you have any query regarding the booking Tatkal ticket process, you can ask me in the comments. We will happy to have your valuable suggestions regarding the post.